How do I get to the "Advanced" user tab in XP?

G

GKx

A while back before xp-erience.org changed they're format, they had a link in the Security section on requiring CTRL+ALT+DELETE before logging in.

All the tricks needed to do this require you to edit the registry, but xp-erience.org had a command you would rule to get to the advanced section of the User Accounts area.

It was something like "set userpanel2" or something like that. Currently, I can't get to the advanced tab since "User Accounts" deal in the control panel just takes me to the graphical user administration deal.

I'm trying to get to the old style deal, but I can't remember the command to get to it.

I'd appreciate any help guys! :)

Welcome to XP-erience.org :D!

If I understand it correctly, you want to type in your username in a Win 2K style box instead of the Wecome screen? Than you have to go to User Accounts and than click 'Change the way users log on or off' and then deselect the 'Use the Welcome screen' option.

Originally posted by Glaanieboy
Welcome to XP-erience.org :D!

If I understand it correctly, you want to type in your username in a Win 2K style box instead of the Wecome screen? Than you have to go to User Accounts and than click 'Change the way users log on or off' and then deselect the 'Use the Welcome screen' option.
Well that's easy to do, but it's not what I'm trying to get at.

I'm trying to get to the Classic style area to let me choose which account will log-on my default, let me check the box for require ctrl+alt+del, etc.

I'm looking for the command to get to the WIN2K style user admin area.

usersandpass.gif

That's what I'm trying to get to.

I believe he means like on the old NT systems where it says after u turn the computer on "push Ctrl+alt+del to begin" he wants that feature. :) I also wouldn't mind trying it out keep the rug rates off the pc and away from the p0rn

and there u have it, my slow typing + trying to play a PS2 game gets me beat to the punch :)

Originally posted by cruiser78
try this... I think this is what you are looking for...
control userpasswords2
I love you. :)

BTW, I noticed you have a 3rdgen! I drive a 1988 Camaro IROC-Z Convertible.

Check out www.3rdgen.org !:D

awsome, your lucky to have a convertible... actually that car is my mom's... it was supposed to be mine this weekend... she was gonna give it to me for a steal.. $4000 for a '91 Z28 but someone else offered her $8000 cash for it... so o well... i'll be looking for a 4th gen Trans Am now probably... right now i'm driving an '87 camaro w/ a v6 :S
check it out here.
you can also see some larger pics of my mom's car here .
but neways.. glad i could help you out.

That looks like a really clean car. I like it :)... but my mom's (shoulda been mine) is pretty nice too eh?
Mom's%20Car%20014%20(Small).jpg

check out some more pics here

Originally posted by cruiser78
That looks like a really clean car. I like it :)... but my mom's (shoulda been mine) is pretty nice too eh?
Mom's%20Car%20014%20(Small).jpg
The decals aren't my cup of tea, but it's otherwise a nice Z. :)

The stripes on the side should extend onto the front fenders, but they weren't put on yet after a little accident my mom had. That's what the car looked like while I had it for grad... they have been put on now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back