How Do I Get Rid of THESE Files

Genman

OSNN Newbie
I have been infested with some vermine - I have run Adaware and Norton and cannot get rid of these files.

10000.qit
10005.qit
eZinstall[1]
lspak.dll
mmod.exe

Any suggestions???

go in and manually delete them...check in your processes running if you are running windows xp and then if something that matches those entries are runnign cancel them and run searches to delete them

Genman said:
I have been infested with some vermine - I have run Adaware and Norton and cannot get rid of these files.

10000.qit
10005.qit
eZinstall[1]
lspak.dll
mmod.exe

Any suggestions???

Thanks - I searched each file and deleted it where it was located - however when i got to lspak.dll it wouldnt let me delete it - I got a message telling me that I did not have access or that the file was in use. Any suggestions... ??? Thanks in advance.

Be very careful about that lspak.dll file. You may break your internet access.

Download LSP-Fix and remove lspak.dll as "Layered Service Provider".

Afterwards it should be possible to delete the file.

For future referance, you can also try running your anti virus and/or anti spyware apps in Safe Mode. That way, it won't start the unwanted programs from starting as running applications, which causes the "Cannot delete" message in your removal programs.

-Zaphod

Zaphod, that's true in most cases.
But...
- some AV programs don't work in safe mode.
- some malware programs do run even in safe mode - the latest Virtumondo variants for instance. Lspak.dll belongs to Virtumondo.

yoyo said:
Be very careful about that lspak.dll file. You may break your internet access.

Download LSP-Fix and remove lspak.dll as "Layered Service Provider".

Afterwards it should be possible to delete the file.

Thank you Yoyo - the LSP-Fix worked as advertised. My computer is now clean of vermine as far as i can tell. The only problem now is something called VBS. It downloads a small window that looks like something has been minimized - if I leave my computer on [cable modem + wireless router] for any length of time I will find 10 or 12 of these downloads on my desktop. Got any Ideas? This VBS thing doesnt show up with Adaware or Norton Antivirus.

After consulting everyone on here for advice about helping a friend get his computer up and getting instructions on doing a few things I need to ask a question in another vein. I was trying to get my computer up in the safe mode and for some reason it would not come up in the safe mode. I am running a little box I built - ShuttleX Small Form Factor / AMD / XP Pro ... I also want to go ahead and install the recovery screen from XP Pro. I know this is like falling off a ducks back to everyone who monitors this site - and I glad everyone doesnt mind sharing their knowledge. If anybody has an electrical question - especially generators please dont hesitate to ask me. Oh and one other thing I did was download Firefox. Its working wonderfully and the only thing that I have noticed is printing a Web screen - everything locks up and I have to shut down Firefox and cannot print - does anyone know of any issues with Firefox in that area???
Thanks in Advance
John

VBS is an extension, as in Something.VBS (Visual Basic Script, I think). Try to find what the full name is, then consult this great site. Thanks to Perris for this link.

-Zaphod

I forgot to add: An easy way to fix printer problems is to go into Control Panel->Printers and delete the printer. Then just click add printer and add it back on. You might want to reboot after deleting the printer to make it as clean as possible, then add the printer. Also, make sure you have the latest printer drivers.

Aswell as Ad-aware, I run spybot and spyware blaster, and between the 3 of them I seem to be kept pretty clean. Spybot is much the same as ad-aware but it tends to pick up the odd thing that ad-aware misses and vice-versa. Spyware blaster stops a lot of the bad stuff from being installed in the first place, and doesn't need to be running all the time so uses 0 resources.
Check them out if you get time. Here are the links:

Spybot
Spyware Blaster

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back