How do I get my default 404 error page back?

D

Deszaras

Some stupid ass popup window changed my default 404 page to their damn search engine page, and I don't know how to get it back to the default. Can anyone help me with this?

A 404 is a page not found error, which is a page that the host defines and shows you when you ask for something like www.blah.com/toast.html but toast.html does not exist. You can't change that, and their search page is the default 404 page for their site only. If you go to a different site the 404 page could be totally different and you have no control over that.
/Lactic

No, I know that websites can create their own 404 pages, that's not the case. ANY 404 redirects to thier page at www.lop.com. But I found deeply hidden on their site how to uninstall teir BS they sneak on to your machine.

Tricky bastards. You actually have to DOWNLOAD the uninstall program.

I generally just try to steer clear of any site like that. You could lock down IE enough to prevent that sort of thing happening, if you wanted, too. Or try Ad-Aware in the future.
/Lactic

I ran Ad Aware, but it didn't detect it.

What happened was, it was a popup window that came up when I was browsing. I didn't even go to the site. The popup came up, and the button to close it, installed the software.

I got it cleared away now.

I had the same thing happen to me, it's pretty cheap the way they get it on your system I must say.

030.com Search page

I got the same problem. I also tried the ad aware. I didn't work. I went into regedit to try to edit the registry. THe registry settings are all set to go to other page. Yet it still goes that "F" page.

I am going to take over their site...see how they like it.

Can anyone help? I going to keep trying

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back