How do i get 108mbps speed with Netgear wireless....

Dan04

OSNN Addict
Hi everyone,

I was wondering how do i get 108mbps speed with 1x Netgear WAG511 for a laptop and a WAG311 for a desktop computer.... as even with one of my other friends that got the d-link equivalent it only had manuals on how to install the drivers n thats it and the max speed i can get them both to do is 11mbps so if anyone could help me i would really appreciate it thanks :)

Do you have everything on the same wireless network? Netgear's site says if you introduce new wireless devices into a ad-hoc network the speed will drop to 11mbps if the devices cannot support the new standard. It says to use infrastructure instead.

Also, this link has a couple different versions of the 311 - I'd take a look at that. If nothing else, nose around Netgear's site, might find something helpful. Good luck.

thanks, the only thing on wireless is 1 computer and laptop there is nothing else on wireless im checkin the site now no luck yet

nope no luck on netgears site and i already got latest drivers from there before if anyone was wondering

This is proberbally a silly suggestion, but are your network interface cards bandwidth speeds being limited?

yeah u might be limited like at our school. My school's wireless connection is limited to 58mb

nope NOTHING that i know of is being limited all i have done atm is set them both to the same frequency n stuff n thats it tried few other lil bits and pieces to no avail

What 108 Mbps is the Wireless G standard, except off just using one band (signal) you use 2, so basically you can send more data cause you can send over both bands instead of just one.

hello yeh i know that but what i wanna know is how in the world can i enable my cards to nethin faster than 11mbps as ive gone to netgears site to no avail im using latest drivers etc??? n they say wireless networks are easy lol

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back