How do I format 200 or 250 hdd

Cupid_Stunt

OSNN Addict
It might have been covered somewhere b4 but in a rush to get it sorted,

Windows doesnt see over a certian size so how can i format a 200 or 250 gig harddrive.

regards.....cupid

sounds like a bios limit perhaps? do you have newest bios from your mobo maker? you can also you program from your HD makers website like GoNz0 suggested :)

Accually what partition are you running too? If its Fat 32 that also could be why it has to be NTFS.

CrazyBoyS said:
Accually what partition are you running too? If its Fat 32 that also could be why it has to be NTFS.
oh true true .. now days I guess I just suppose ppl aren't going to format anything FAT anymore :p

if u can get a program called partition magic off a friend to borrow then it can do it and it will be faster because it only males the partition table it does not check every sector.

other than that u can go to the HDD'a site and get eaither max blast for maxtor or datalifeguard for WD.

i believe that it is the size limit on fat 32.... ntfs i have not heard of problems with. i have a 240gig raid array on one computer, and that is just fine in ntfs

I can't imagine myself having a partition anything bigger than 80Gb coz it'll take light yrs to defrag it. :p

ming said:
I can't imagine myself having a partition anything bigger than 80Gb coz it'll take light yrs to defrag it. :p

It all really depends on how fragmented you let it get, on mine, it automatically runs defrag when it gets any more that 5% fragmented.
it does so at 3am in the morning, and is always done before i wake up, so really, it isnt that bad.

that is why for real computing u should use linux, no file fragmentation, better file system and yea i am done now, but yea you will hvae to format that drive into eaither 2 100gb partitions of fat 32 or a ntfs 200gb partition

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back