how do i fix this roxio error.

Guys, answer the flipping question. There's no need to argue what's "better" - give people a chance to use what they want to. :dead:

I did,I did but they decided to stick their noses in :rolleyes: :laugh: :lick:

Roxio Sux .. Nero is the king .. I have a dell and Roxio didn't come with it. Then I got mine from the "Business" dept. Not the "Home" Dept ... :)

Also, it is true that roxio aesy cd creator, or EZ PC Crasher as I like to call it - Well now it's sonc since they bought them out. Anyway, will not record any copy writtin programs, even if you use region hacks.

Most errors in it are caused because of the fact that it DOSE NOT PLAY WELL WITH OTHERS. It don't like any other burning program to be installed. I has to over take your whole system, I call it the AOL of burning apps. One sux more than the other, the only question is trying to figure out which one. They both sux more than anything out there though .. lol ...

Damn it. Do people even take the time to read posts anymore?
sraycoz said:
i must make crap work thats what i get paid for making crap work hehe.
Ok, he acknowledges that it's crap, but he has to fix it nonetheless. Now please answer the question, or don't post if you don't have anything useful to add. Capiche?

I know this thread isn't supposed be about "use this software, or use that softare." but I have to chime in.

Roxio is extreme bloatware. Just look at their instructions for *completely* removing it. It's four pages...

I highly suggest burnatonce for the following reasons:

1) it's free
2) it's small and doesn't write anything to the registry. All settings are kept in an .ini file
3) you can easily add decoders to burn any audio type
4) works with 2K/XP's native SPTI interface so you don't even have to install a new ASPI layer.
5) Jamie, the developer, is a nice guy and pretty receptive to feedback, he even has forums set up burnatonce.

Burnatonce is no better .. It is bug ware, Jamie has to do some more work to it. It is a nice VB script though, I'm not sure if it is cdrdao or mkisofs that cause the probs or not, It could just be his code. Still has some work to do to it none the less. Also, I would say some things about Jamie, but this is not a board to lash out people, so I will not make any comments about the schmuck ;)

Oh, and as I side note - I have known jamie for a couple of years now, long before he started making his program, in fact I was one of the first beta testers of it. In case anyone is wondering ..

Ok, he acknowledges that it's crap, but he has to fix it nonetheless. Now please answer the question, or don't post if you don't have anything useful to add. Capiche?

hehe yes it is crap. crap. crap. But dell issues it to the laps and workstations they sell so.. i have to make it work. :) and just for my own input my home computer used nero. :) but even that is getting too bloated anymore. hehe

Johnny said:
Burnatonce is no better .. It is bug ware, Jamie has to do some more work to it. It is a nice VB script though, I'm not sure if it is cdrdao or mkisofs that cause the probs or not, It could just be his code. Still has some work to do to it none the less. Also, I would say some things about Jamie, but this is not a board to lash out people, so I will not make any comments about the schmuck ;)

Oh, and as I side note - I have known jamie for a couple of years now, long before he started making his program, in fact I was one of the first beta testers of it. In case anyone is wondering ..

Hmmm, I've never had a problem with burnatonce, just a current problem with proDVD, but that is out of Jamie's hands. Most problems I see people have with burnatonce are due to ASPI issues. Also, Jamie's been nothing but polite and very helpful to me (and alot of other folks over at HA).

dreamliner77 said:
Hmmm, I've never had a problem with burnatonce, just a current problem with proDVD, but that is out of Jamie's hands. Most problems I see people have with burnatonce are due to ASPI issues. Also, Jamie's been nothing but polite and very helpful to me (and alot of other folks over at HA).

From the first time I used to the present, I have always got errors. ALl aspis were in place and everything, They were always random errors. It would at crash also crash just starting up .. As far as opinions, it all comes down to how long you known the people. What I state is just from my experiences with him in the past. I haven't talked to him in over a year now, so he may have changed a little bit. Like most people we had our spats :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back