How do I customize the desktop of a different users

G

gplracer

I went to my wifes user account and deleted some of the icons to clean it up for her. I user stuff she would never use. I then went back to my account and the icons were gone from there too. How do I delete some of the program icons for her and keep them for me? Thanks!!!

If you are using an nVidia graphics card, the leaked nVidia 27.20s have nView which allow you to create up to 32 custom desktops.

Otherwise, you may have administrative rights on your wife's account? Didn't you get a message about the deletion affecting all users? :X

go C:\documents and settings and under each user names folder there is a folder called desktop. This folder contains the shortcuts that are displayed only when that user logs in. There is also a folder c:\documents and settins\AllUsers\Desktop. This folder contains shortcuts to programs that will be displayed for all users that log in.

I went there but her desktop folder is empty. That is weird isnt it?

you kow why its empty?? every time something was added to the desktop, it was put in the AllUsers folder, so when u deleted it, it would be gone from yours too. What you can do if you only have the two accounts is put everything that she wants in AllUsers/desktop and everything else that you still want in your desktop folder. Now if you dont want to share a common set of icons, delete everything in the allUsers/desktop and put what you want in yours and your wife's

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back