How Do I Connect Xbox-hd Tv?

Xoni

OSNN Newbie
Hi guys,

Wondering if anybody can help out.

How do i connect the Xbox to a HD TV that has a HDMI input?

I've looked at the accessories and there seem to be the following cables available:-

The site i've seen the following on is http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore/productpage.asp?productcode=XT0043&title=xbox_360_component_hd_av_cable_

Joytech 360 VGA Cable - this will be released on 16th December
Joytech Digital AV Cable - this will be released on 16th December
Joytech 360 VGA HD AV Cable - this is allready released
Xbox 360 Component HD AV Cable

My TV is the Samsung SP50 L7 DLP Rear Projection, and it has a HDMI Connection on the back.

Also, if anybody is trying to get hold of one of these consoles, i managed to get one even though i didn't pre-order by logging onto the Game website last Tuesday at 4pm, they had a limited supply that sold out in 14 minutes!! They also repeated this on the Wednesday at the same time, they also sold out very quickly - so they may follow the same pattern this week - give it a try!

If anybody can help out on the above i would very much appreciate it!

Many Thanks

Xoni

I am sure something will be released down the line, was able to use 5 of the 6 componant cables on mine, but its not actually hidef.

Surely it has something other than a HDMI connection at the back that will allow you to use it for the time being?

Electronic Punk said:
I am sure something will be released down the line, was able to use 5 of the 6 componant cables on mine, but its not actually hidef.

Surely it has something other than a HDMI connection at the back that will allow you to use it for the time being?

It has component inputs (5 connections - think 3 are for picture and 2 are for audio but i might be wrong) and it says in the TV manual that these component connections support Hi-Def inputs of 720p & 1080i, but it doesn't say anything about connecting games machines to it, it only mentions set-top boxes and DVD players etc.

It also has a PC input, but it doesn't say that the PC input supports 720p or 1080i.

What would be the best connection? Also, does anybody know how the Samsung panels on the Xbox 360 demo stations are connected? I would be very interested in knowing - i had a look in Woolworths the other day, but i couldn't see anything as the wires were covered by the mounting bracket:cry:

Well you can try the componant stuff, just switch teh xbox to hidef mode and see if it lets you get up to 1080i

Mine didn't :) - but will do 480 (which isn't hidef I guess :))

There arent any 360 HDMI cables at the moment, as stated just use the component cables to connect it.

The Xbox 360 HD Component cables have 6 plugs, my TV has only 5 component inputs, it says in the manual that the compoent connections accepts 720p and 1080i inputs, but what will be the compromise of only using 5 out of the 6 plugs?

Also, i've read that the 360 isn't Hd, so whay are there HD leads?

Also, i have a Denon 3802 Amp, how do i connect to it to enable 5.1 Digital Sound? Do i have to purchase the Component inputs and another set of leads?

Yeah, the 6th plug is for standard componant out, you don't need it.
Leave the yellow one out of it.

As for digital sound, up near the connection on the xbox there is an optical out.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back