• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

how do i CLOSE MSN Messenger???

J

jkoXP

everytime I go to close MSN, i get this error:

I have the latest MSN, I Just did a clean install of XP..... to close it i gotta end task it, which is very annoying... and i dont have any of the options within outlook or outlook express enabled for msn....

thanks for the help

madmatt

Bow Down to the King
Political User
If you are running Norton Systems Works 2003 or NAV 2003 you need to turn off Instant Messenger scanning for MSNM.

This feature scans incoming IMs for viruses. Turning this feature off will allow you to close the program at will.

madmatt

Bow Down to the King
Political User
and of course, to disable this feature:

Run NAV or SystemWorks.
Options
Norton AntiVirus
Instant Messenger (side bar)
Uncheck which messengers

Enjoy.

J

jkoXP

wow. it worked ;)

i should of tried that in the first place. i didnt think that would effect it.. thanks for the help!

Khayman

I'm sorry Hal...
Political User
just an FYI, in the future if you want to show error messages use alt+prntscreen to caputre just the active window, or at least crop the picture to error message

Thanks

J

jkoXP

Originally posted by Khayman
just an FYI, in the future if you want to show error messages use alt+prntscreen to caputre just the active window, or at least crop the picture to error message

Thanks
i could of croped the message, but i wanted to show that the only thing running was MSN

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies