How Do I Change my Window's Theme/skin/layout?

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
The theme patcher tool from Neowin. Should be a link to it from our frontpage downloads section IIRC.

It's the tool a number of people use.

Alternatively you can use StyleXP or windows blinds.

Then you can install and run the skin you want to run and there are a number that you can see in our "show your desktop" threads that might interest you.

:)

bobsalot

Boooooooooooooooooooom
matt, i just downloaded the patch, not knowing what it was and it has changed my theme to windows classic. i cant get it back to xp. iv been to the control panel.

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
Once you run that program which was posted, download a theme you want, and extract the files to C:WINDOWS/Resources/Themes, and then go to your Display Properties, and it should be in there.

bobsalot, if you go to Display Properties, you can change it back to what u had before.

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
That's really weird, ok, you ran the patch, and then what, did u restart? Restart if not, or do it anways, and then try installing a theme. If none of that works, do system restore to just before that.

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
oh lol, have you checked out the appearance tab, I never look or use the Theme tab.

If it's not in the Appearace tab, then run the patch again and restart.

GunBlade008

OSNN Junior Addict
It worked perfectly, thanks! BTW, where can I find nice looking icons to replace my default xp ones? AND how do I give rep? Sorry for the barrage of questions

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut