how do i capture a streaming lecture?

ok here is the problem and anyone who can tell me what to do gets rep points.

ok i have classes online for school and one of them streams lectures over quicktime.. the only problem with that is i cant figure out how to save them so i can pause them(it wont let me while its streaming). I want an acuall file lecture1.mov any ideas.

Try looking at this thread..

http://forum.osnn.net/showthread.php?p=43485#post43485

Edit: If you can't figure it out, let me know.. I've had to do this a lot of different ways with various formats.

The worse ones are dyamically generated URL's based of user sessions ID's.. ugh - getting the real location of the file is a pain.

If these are live streams, it becomes a bit harder too...

ok im at work. sdo i wont be able tell tomorrow but they arent live all pre recorded as far as i can tell. But i think they are
The worse ones are dyamically generated URL's based of user sessions ID's.. so i hope you have an answer. Please keep checking this post. And i will try progs tomorrow.

I used to use streambox VCR but many companies are finding ways around it now, so I use Xi's Net Transport 2 all the time. Its amazing for capturing streaming files and also for downloading multiple files at the same time. You can download all files from links on a page, and sort them into file type and everything.
Give it a whirl, here's the link.

One of my fave programs ever.

I'll vouch for NetTransport..

If you are still having problems with the dyanmic URL's, I'd try NetTransport.. it's worked well for me in the past.

I use NetTransport to download streaming Windows Media files, but I'm not sure if it works with streaming QT files though. Look into it. :)

NetTransport does work with qt/mov files.. I've used it before on quicktime files.

no dice.. al though it worked great for getting the 200 pdfs all at once hehe

hmm.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back