• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

how do i capture a streaming lecture?

VenomXt

Blame me for the RAZR's
ok here is the problem and anyone who can tell me what to do gets rep points.

ok i have classes online for school and one of them streams lectures over quicktime.. the only problem with that is i cant figure out how to save them so i can pause them(it wont let me while its streaming). I want an acuall file lecture1.mov any ideas.

fitz

Woah.. I'm still here?
Staff member
Political User
Try looking at this thread..

http://forum.osnn.net/showthread.php?p=43485#post43485

Edit: If you can't figure it out, let me know.. I've had to do this a lot of different ways with various formats.

The worse ones are dyamically generated URL's based of user sessions ID's.. ugh - getting the real location of the file is a pain.

If these are live streams, it becomes a bit harder too...

VenomXt

Blame me for the RAZR's
ok im at work. sdo i wont be able tell tomorrow but they arent live all pre recorded as far as i can tell. But i think they are
The worse ones are dyamically generated URL's based of user sessions ID's.. so i hope you have an answer. Please keep checking this post. And i will try progs tomorrow.

ray_gillespie

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political User
I used to use streambox VCR but many companies are finding ways around it now, so I use Xi's Net Transport 2 all the time. Its amazing for capturing streaming files and also for downloading multiple files at the same time. You can download all files from links on a page, and sort them into file type and everything.
Give it a whirl, here's the link.

One of my fave programs ever.

fitz

Woah.. I'm still here?
Staff member
Political User
I'll vouch for NetTransport..

If you are still having problems with the dyanmic URL's, I'd try NetTransport.. it's worked well for me in the past.

I use NetTransport to download streaming Windows Media files, but I'm not sure if it works with streaming QT files though. Look into it. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown