How do I add custom resolutions to the 4X.XX Dets?

T

The Moog

Hi there,
I use my PC to watch DVD's on through my TV, and the best resolution for doing this is 720x480. In the older nVidia drivers, I could just add this to the inf file, and I could then use that resolution to play through to the TV. Does anyone know how to add custom resolutions in the new 4X.XX series drivers with their new compressed format? Cheers,

The Moog

Not sure about the nvidia drivers thing but you could use power strip to make your own.

Yeah, I'd prefer to be able to set them all up without having to run another program though. 720x480 is a much better resolution to use as it more closely matches the resolution of the TV so you don't get interpolation errors, and you don't get as much overscan as at 800x600.

sorry to revive an old thread but, i think there may be more people looking for a solution to this than just me... ( and noone has yet been brave enough to dig up this old thread...)

was there ever a solution???

I've tried using PowerStrip, but after creating my own custom .inf file, and setting 720x496 as the max res for my tv, i can only now select 640x480 in the windows display properties, the slider won't budge to let me take it up to 720x496...

i was able to get things sort of figured out with Power Strip... but it seems that some aspects of Power Strip fight with the Detonators... and it's messing with overlay settings...

For the custom resolutions you want guys go HERE then go to the downloads section scroll down to how to modify your driver and the instructions and inf files you require are there (works for 41.09 + 43.45 versions)....i have used it and it works fine adding the extra resolutions in.

Hope this is what you wanted.

thanks tony... but tvtool doesn't work with my card (geforce 4 mx 440) It's got the integrated tv chip that tvtool doesn't support, I was able like i said to do it with PowerStrip, but the controls and methods with PowerStrip are rather convoluted and i couldn't change the geometric size to reduce the overscan on my tv screen...

oh well... 640x480 will have to do...

No dont use tv tool just use his instructions on modifying the driver so it supports the resolutions within the driver.

It adds extra resolutions into the driver....you do not have to have tv tool installed.

Like i said i followed his instructions and now i have the 720/480 in my nvidia driver settings(when i go to the tab for tv out resolution it shows up on the slider bar):rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back