?? how do I add an app to the options offered when a cd is inserted??

LPDad

OSNN Addict
How do I go about adding a program to the "pop up" windowsXP Pro dialog box after I insert a CD into a drive??

For example:

When I put a video CD into my CDRom drive a dialog box opens asking:
---------------------------------------
VIDEO CD (E:)
Windows can perform the same action each time you insert a disk or connect a device with this kind of file.

Options offered:

PLAY using Windows media player

PLAY Video Files using RealOne media player

OPEN FOLDERS TO VIEW FILES Using Windows Explorer

TAKE NO ACTION

_
|_| Always do the selected action

------------------------------------------

I get a dialog similar to this when I insert a blank CD-R asking what to do with it and offering me some of the different burning programs I have installed.

The problem is that I have 2 computers and When I installed WinDVD on one computer it was automatically added to the PLAY options, but when I installed the same program (I have 2 copies of the program, both came with videocards, and both are Identical) on the second computer the WinDVD was not added to the options.

I want to know where/how to add a program to (or remove a program from) the offered options.

I am assume that it is a registry adjustment, so if anyone could steer me in the direction of the correct key it would be much appreciated.
(or is there an OPTION for this hidden somewhere in WinXP Pro??-- I have been snooping around the file associations, but this does not look like the right place for what I want to do)

Thanks for any help/feedback.:D :D

Easiest way would be using TweakUI. Under MyComputer - AutoPlay - Handlers you can edit, delete and create autoplay handlers.

The registry keys where the settings are stored are
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AutoplayHandlers
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AutoplayHandlers

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back