How did you become a mod?

P

PlagueWielder

Obviously this goes only to the mods so dont post unless yr one.

If this has been posted before Im sorry.

You hang out on this site more than is actually healthy. You answer many tech questions (usually eh Jewelzz :)), help many people, get involved with the site, help enforce policy, show up on IRC and become an indispensable part of the community

then we pick a random name from a hat :)

actually I have no idea since EP and/or Jewelzz do all the mod selection around these parts. I think.

^What he said.. except they used a tombola to pick my name :p :D

I think someone created a random name program which randomly chose a username from the NTFS user database

Yes, and it's based on how cool your signature is. Geffy, I just saw your alien, hehehe. Awesome.

Originally posted by Geffy
I think someone created a random name program which randomly chose a username from the NTFS user database

Also known as a tombola..

Or better still. "hat" :)

economy of language :)

Nooooooo, the tombola is superiour to the hat method!
tombola.jpg

Yar!

most times the admins and supermods decide on who becomes mods based on their contribution to the community we have based here... and the amount of positive feedback/help or whatever has been given :)

if you are like me... you find out you are a mod a coupla days AFTER you become a mod coz no one bothered to tell you :) or you didn't notice it :)

all in all.. if one has the wish to become a mod.. don't ask for it... thats never popular... it is merit based... not based on other things such as post counts..

Yeah.. if it were based on post count we would have 1000 spammer mods...

I didn't know Henyman had that many aliases!!

How long you been a mod Geffy? You weren't last time I looked?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back