how can you manually schutdown pc

R

raztaman

can somebody tell me how you can manually schutdwon xp

so that you get a screen with you can turn off pc now.

Because if i dont put this option, then each time i schut down, it restarts automatically.

Not my pc , somebody elses :D :D

Are you saying that you have a shut down button but that it restarts only???

yeah there is a solution

yeah there is a solution to make appear a screen when you schutdown your pc and you just have to klick on your button on your case.

Even in xp i saw it , now i need it, because older pc's with bad advanced power interface , just keep restarting

hope you know how to do it
my brother knows , but he is still asleep the basterd

:D

Found this

Creating a ShutdownReboot Icon

WindowsXP has a program called SHUTDOWN.EXE which allows you to easily create icons to shutdown or restart your computer.
To create a shutdown shortcut on the desktop:
1. Right click on an open area of the desktop
2. Select New / Shortcut
3. Enter in "shutdown -s -t 00" - no quotes
4. Press the Next button
5. For the name, enter in anything you like. Click on the Finish button.
For a reboot, enter "shutdown -r -t 00"
Shutdown [{-l|-s|-r|-a}] [-f] [-m [\\ComputerName]] [-t xx] [-c "message"] [-d[p]:xx:yy]
Parameters
• -l - Logs off the current user, this is also the defualt. -m ComputerName takes precedence.
• -s - Shuts down the local computer.
• -r - Reboots after shutdown.
• -a - Aborts shutdown. Ignores other parameters, except -l and ComputerName. You can only use -a during the time-out period.
• -f - Forces running applications to close.
• -m [\\ComputerName] - Specifies the computer that you want to shut down.
• -t xx - Sets the timer for system shutdown in xx seconds. The default is 20 seconds.
• -c "message" - Specifies a message to be displayed in the Message area of the System Shutdown window. You can use a maximum of 127 characters. You must enclose the message in quotation marks.

You can make a shortcut that points to shutdown.exe in the c:\windows\system32 directory. In the target box you should have something that looks like this "c:\windows\system32\shutdown.exe -s -t 0". You can download the shortcut I made and then modify it if you need to so that it points to the right drive. If you want to know what the suffixes mean, go to start > run > type "cmd".... at the command prompt, type "shutdown". This will give you a list of the different suffixes available and what they do.
Hope this helps.

NM... I started writing this post b4 doofus posted his... so we kinda doubled up. but you still might want to download the shortcut.

found a solution

desktop right mouseclick
properties
then background
energy
then you can click for apm
advanced power management and you can disable it

so from now on this pc wil
schutdown properly it wil get the screen

it's safe to turn off pc and then you can manually schut it down

yeah

:cool:

Had this problem once with 98se it was to do with fast shutdown being enabled -
Try this...
Run MSCONFIG
General tab
Click Advanced
Check the box for "disable fast shutdown"

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back