how can i share this internet connection?

apu95

Caffeine-->Code Converter
ok, i live here in canada (waits for everyone to stop booing....) and im getting my self the bell internet service (dsl). does anbyone know how i can share this internet connection? if youre canadian you can probably know how, and if you're not, i think that the connection is PPPoE or something like that....hope that helps

thx, Apu

Well I don't know how much it would cost in Canada but what I think is bout the easiest way to share a DSL connection is with a router. If you go this route I would suggest Linksys for the router

i know that a router should be applied, i was wondering though how to configure this router. i have my eye on a linksys router which is pretty good. what do i have to do in order to configure this router to share the connection?

thx, Apu

Originally posted by apu95
. what do i have to do in order to configure this router to share the connection?

thx, Apu

pulg it in
connect your pc's to it

fairly simple.......if you run into any problems.....shouldnt be to hard to correct

if I can network my home...then you can too.....I didnt even know what I was doing.....just bought it,plugged it in,connected pc's.......bamm...i got internet on 2 comps.

the only thing I did myself was make my own cat5's

Get a cheap internal modem and a cheap hub. Connect your PC's network card into the hub, connect the person who you are sharing it with's card into the hub aswell. Plug the internal DSL modem into your computer and your done !!!

Originally posted by ZAnwar
Get a cheap internal modem and a cheap hub. Connect your PC's network card into the hub, connect the person who you are sharing it with's card into the hub aswell. Plug the internal DSL modem into your computer and your done !!!
You forgot the important part about turning on ICS...

getting a router is much better in the long term than a hub/ics sytem because it is much easier to maintain and means you dont have to have computers always on etc etc. i am using the linksys router, and it is excellent, and works very easily, with minimal setting up. if you want any help with it, just ask...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back