How can I setup my own FTP server.

A

AaronMcarthur

The other day a friend had his own FTP server setup, and all i did was type in ftp:// then the address in Internet Explorer, and i copied the files and there I had them.

How can I setup my own FTP server where people can download from it?

get a program called bulletproof ftp. of course there are others but i use this one.

Free DNS

I have been using Serve-U FTP for about 2 years now without any trouble. It's easy to configure, and seems to let me do what I want.

If your on dial up, or if you want to make it easier on people you may want to get a real URL.
I use the service provided by http://www.no-ip.com/

It's free, and they have software that updates your IP if your ISP changes it each time you log on.

aaron macathur if you run an ftp. make passwords for all users and dont have anonymous looking.if you have pirated software or mp3s or whatever. anti-piracy people are on the look out for ftps with illegal content. if you do have illegal content and they find it... you know the drill.

i use serve-u ftp 4.0 for my server.

if you have a router, you'll need a service like dyndns.org to keep track of your wan ip (if you have cable).

it's not very difficult.

I could tell you how to do it... but then I'd have to kill you.

lol at pseudo.:D

been meaning to ask...

excuse me if you think im an ass but who is that chick in your sig:huh: she is fine:blink:

PseudoKiller could tell you, but then I'd have to kill Pseudo for telling you! :D

muzikool i killed him already. i didnt mean it... the knife slipped into his head 10 times:( :D

dont tell the cops... it can be our little secret:blink: :)

Originally posted by XP Abuser
muzikool i killed him already. i didnt mean it... the knife slipped into his head 10 times:( :D

dont tell the cops... it can be our little secret:blink: :)

Yeah, it'll be just between us... and the 26,016 other members that might read this thread. :eek: Don't worry though, I'm sure you can trust them too! :happy:

yeh 26,000 members, 30% have activated, 5% post regularly 0.005% of them are mods. theyll die too

*stabs muzikool in the face* he knows too much

:cool:

*puts a beartrap on thread floor - by the door*

Ahhh ... Ummm ... I aint dead, or at least not yet. Anyway... for more info on the chick please click here ...

*torches forum* :D muhahaha youll never find me

oh yeh *removes IP address*:cool:

muhahaha I have your IP.... <starts to hack into XP Abuser crappy little computer... finds nothing ... leaves a logic bomb - have a nice day :p :D >

IP 213.122.**.***

counter-strikes pseudos pc gains entry leaves a nice backdoor on there for later return

throws in chenobyl virus for good measure

26th april he's a gonna:)

hahaha ... XP Abuser falls for the classic honey pot trap. You broke into a computer that is not on my network. Its seperated from everything else. You fool, while you did that I fed back on your connection and set up your email to spam everyone you have in your address book with the subject like that reads ' Hi I have a fetish for little dogs with big willys and I want to share my experiences with you... ' muhahahahaha

Originally posted by PseudoKiller
hahaha ... XP Abuser falls for the classic honey pot trap. You broke into a computer that is not on my network. Its seperated from everything else. You fool, while you did that I fed back on your connection and set up your email to spam everyone you have in your address book with the subject like that reads ' Hi I have a fetish for little dogs with big willys and I want to share my experiences with you... ' muhahahahaha

And they wonder why I'm a man of few posts... :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back