• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

How can I setup my own FTP server.

A

AaronMcarthur

The other day a friend had his own FTP server setup, and all i did was type in ftp:// then the address in Internet Explorer, and i copied the files and there I had them.

How can I setup my own FTP server where people can download from it?

P

psychic51

Free DNS

I have been using Serve-U FTP for about 2 years now without any trouble. It's easy to configure, and seems to let me do what I want.

If your on dial up, or if you want to make it easier on people you may want to get a real URL.
I use the service provided by http://www.no-ip.com/

It's free, and they have software that updates your IP if your ISP changes it each time you log on.

X

XP Abuser

aaron macathur if you run an ftp. make passwords for all users and dont have anonymous looking.if you have pirated software or mp3s or whatever. anti-piracy people are on the look out for ftps with illegal content. if you do have illegal content and they find it... you know the drill.

i use serve-u ftp 4.0 for my server.

if you have a router, you'll need a service like dyndns.org to keep track of your wan ip (if you have cable).

it's not very difficult.

X

XP Abuser

lol at pseudo.:D

been meaning to ask...

excuse me if you think im an ass but who is that chick in your sig:huh: she is fine:blink:

X

XP Abuser

muzikool i killed him already. i didnt mean it... the knife slipped into his head 10 times:( :D

dont tell the cops... it can be our little secret:blink: :)

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political User
Originally posted by XP Abuser
muzikool i killed him already. i didnt mean it... the knife slipped into his head 10 times:( :D

dont tell the cops... it can be our little secret:blink: :)
Yeah, it'll be just between us... and the 26,016 other members that might read this thread. :eek: Don't worry though, I'm sure you can trust them too! :happy:

X

XP Abuser

yeh 26,000 members, 30% have activated, 5% post regularly 0.005% of them are mods. theyll die too

*stabs muzikool in the face* he knows too much

:cool:

*puts a beartrap on thread floor - by the door*

P

PseudoKiller

Ahhh ... Ummm ... I aint dead, or at least not yet. Anyway... for more info on the chick please click here ...

P

PseudoKiller

muhahaha I have your IP.... <starts to hack into XP Abuser crappy little computer... finds nothing ... leaves a logic bomb - have a nice day :p :D >

IP 213.122.**.***

X

XP Abuser

counter-strikes pseudos pc gains entry leaves a nice backdoor on there for later return

throws in chenobyl virus for good measure

26th april he's a gonna:)

P

PseudoKiller

hahaha ... XP Abuser falls for the classic honey pot trap. You broke into a computer that is not on my network. Its seperated from everything else. You fool, while you did that I fed back on your connection and set up your email to spam everyone you have in your address book with the subject like that reads ' Hi I have a fetish for little dogs with big willys and I want to share my experiences with you... ' muhahahahaha

Lighter

. . . . . . . . .
Originally posted by PseudoKiller
hahaha ... XP Abuser falls for the classic honey pot trap. You broke into a computer that is not on my network. Its seperated from everything else. You fool, while you did that I fed back on your connection and set up your email to spam everyone you have in your address book with the subject like that reads ' Hi I have a fetish for little dogs with big willys and I want to share my experiences with you... ' muhahahahaha
And they wonder why I'm a man of few posts... :p

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dixoncarry