How can I overclock a Dell?

_DM_

OSNN Senior Addict
Is it possible to overclock a dell? is there a way to bypass there BIOS Lock?
Ok umm what if i get a new motherboard? Would i be able to overclock my 1.6ghz P4?? Where does BIOS hide in the system? The hard drive or motherboard or inside the proccessor?? if i get a new motherboard my computer wont be considered a dell right?

ok your dell **** is coded into the mobo
so the only way you can overclock it depends on the mobo. i doubt dell puts overclockable mobos in there pcs
i'd get a new motherboard. but then the pc is not considered a dell anymore and your recovery cd has a good chance of not working. as the cd verifys it with the DMI (to be eligable to restore) (i know its very anal) :blink:

BTW didnt you get a 9700 pro cuz youd be much better getting a motherboard with agp 8x:)

Ok so its basically creating ur own comp right? ok i'ma ask a newb question what if i get a new mobo, well i have windows xp still? and all the stuff? Well i get softwares CDs with a new mobo or proccessor?

you wont get xp with the new mobo youll have to use your own that came with the dell. but with a new mobo you MAY not be able to use the recovery CD unless you can update your DMI --->which would make it seem like a dell again

haha ok. ya i got a radeon 9700pro but my proccessor is a bottleneck.

Just a warning about upgrading your motherboard. I've heard that Dell uses non-standard case layouts so you might want to make certain that a new motherboard will actually fit in your case.

Originally posted by lurker2100
Just a warning about upgrading your motherboard. I've heard that Dell uses non-standard case layouts so you might want to make certain that a new motherboard will actually fit in your case.

ya i'll be getting a new mobo soon and a new case when i get my new partime job lol.
BTW does the powersupply come with a new case?

Originally posted by _DM_
ya i'll be getting a new mobo soon and a new case when i get my new partime job lol.
BTW does the powersupply come with a new case?
Most come with, Depends what you want. I'd get one without and get your own QUIET psu, or just change them out. But if you are on a very tight budget you'll just use the one that comes with it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back