how can i make a shortcut to show the desktop?

W

wassup_ken

there is a file somewhere or something that is a shortcut to minimize all windows and show the desktop, it first is there when u enable Quick Launch, i, unfortunately, deleted it! can anybody tell me the source file of the shortcut? thanks!!!!

open up notepad and copy this into:

[Shell]
Command=2
IconFile=explorer.exe,3
[Taskbar]
Command=ToggleDesktop

save As Show Desktop

put it in Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch

have to have show hidden files on because Application Data is hidden...

Hope that works out for ya.

it should be
Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch

but what do i save it as? i can't save it as a .txt notepad file, what format (extension) do i need to save it as??
when i go on it, it only opens up the file in notepad

Have you tried dragging the Desktop icon into Quick Launch?
That should work.

It is much easier than you think: just hit windows button on your keybord(between Alt. and Ctrl.) and "D" at the same time. To return all windows hit that two buttons again.

I just created a shortcut from the little icon in the taskbar and the command is:

"DRIVE:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Show Desktop.scf"

Just replace DRIVE and USERNAME with your specifics.

Just one thing, I did this on a 2000 machine since I'm at work. I imagine its similar in XP, if not the same.

Aww crap, just noticed its a shortcut to the quick launch which you said you deleted. So, I found the file and attached it to the post. Again, this is on W2000, but I think it should be the same.

is there a way to show the .scf when ure in windows? by the way something wierd just happend cuz my friend accidently deleted his so i was sending it to im in msn and the icon of it just stayed on the screen. and its not coming off heres a pic.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back