how can i leave my BB connection on 24/7

X

XP Abuser

ok im with bt broadband i leave my pc on 24/7 but i leave the net on too. rite when i wake up next day the internet has crashed

i.e. internet options dont work cant disconnect or nothin. resulting me to reboot. then all is fine

im pretty sure this is where the isp changes the ip adress and xp gets confused and crashes.

anyone else got the problem and better yet. a solution???:(

well firstly BT shouldnt be able to change your IP while you are connected, the IP only gets assigned when you reboot, and they shouldnt re-allocate while you are online.

You could try ang get one of those dialup tools that keeps the line alive by transmitting data every now and then.

I dont have this problem at home, but then I am with Griffin Internet.

Are you using the USB ADSL modem, make sure that XP doesnt try and turn off its USB ports to save power, that could also be screwing things up

ok geffy think i got the prob

yeh in device manager it says allow window to turn usb off ---> adsl modem is on that hub. now ill leave it on and see what happens

cheerz m8:)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back