how can I get custom resolutions?

S

SaintKaden

I have a minipc that will be mainly for a 42" flat panel display and I want to set some custom resolutions like maybe 1024x600.

Is there a tool out there for this? :confused:

will either of these force games to use a resolution that you specify

I think so, the resolution you are forcing would stay the same for everything.

Might be wrong tho, try reading up on the website or their forums.

Originally posted by Geffy
will either of these force games to use a resolution that you specify

Games dont use your desktop res do they.. thats selected/set by the game itself..

>.<

I want to be able to play games at 1280x1024, but some of them max out at 1280x960 which is teh ghei and my TFT wont do 1280x960, so I have to drop down to 1024x768 which is teh uber ghei

1280x960 is the correct ratio for a screen resolution.
Your screen should be in 4:3 ratio, 800/600, 1024/768, 1280/960, 1600/1200 etc. Most people just ignore that and use 1280x1024 anyway (Not that it really matters :) )

I'm sure that some games will get the resolutions from Windows settings (so you can't scrw up and go too high) so if you could somehow get the custom res' into the windows display properties then you may be able to get them in (some) games.

Even if you have a really good gaming system, the higher the resolution the slower the game runs! So why would you want it that high, even if your can take it, run it at its fastest!

bman...if they HAVE a really good systems then they can run at really high resolutions. I run UT2003 at 1600x1200 for example and its smooth as silk.

Yup, games look sooooo nice at 1600x1200, I can't run new games at that on this rig, but it's worth doing if your system can take it :)

I am a big Powerstrip fan and have used it for quite awhile. For gaming it works great especially if your having gamma problems from one game to the next. Often too dark to see what the hell is going on in the game. Its also allows you to set your display options and works great with most all video cards. Anyone who has a PC that is over two years old and has an older video card trying to run the newer games, this program is a must. Its definately one of best free program utilities out there!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back