How Can I Change Default Screensaver

D

DogWings

I would like to get rid of that default screensaver that XP uses when you are not logged in to a user account. Is there any way to do this?

The screensaver I am talking about is the one with the xp logo on the black background. I would like to use a different screensaver in place of it.

I tried deleting the default .scr file and replacing it with another screensaver with the same file name, but that didn't work. I suspect there is a registry hack, but don't really know where I'd begin with that.

Thanks!:D

I tried the things I read in that thread, but no use.

After messing with it for a while, I decided to bite the bullet and see if I could find it in the registry. Changed an entry there and it seems to be working.

Thanks anyway!

To Dog...What did you change in the registry to change the screen saver

My Computer > HKEY_USERS > .DEFAULT > Control Panel > Desktop > SCRNSAVE.EXE

You can't really configure the screensaver that I know of, but at least I was able to change it.

How do you go about doing that for us newbies? Where do you put the screen saver that you want to use and should it be the same name as the one that is listed in the registry?

TIA :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back