How bizarre

K

keskamess

This is the strangest thing...

I am running XP Home on my p4 comp. with a dsl connection. Normally, i get a very good speed rate.

Yesterday, I downloaded this game called DX-Ball (it's a version of the old Breakout video games I once played).

After I downloaded it and played it once, the weirdest thing happened. My internet speed increased dramatically!?!?!

My pages now load like lightning (like I have a T1 connection). I've never seen them load so quickly. This Forum page loaded in a second.

I tried the net again today, seemed slower. Played the game once and went on the net and the speed increased.

I'd be interested in knowing if it works for others or if it is just some kind of fluke. OR does anyone have an explanation as to the reasoning for the increase in speed? I have not (recently) downloaded/installed any other software.

Hrm maybe it edited something in your client such as your MTU (Maximum Transmission Unit) Otherwise it could just be fluke

Skazz

hmmm

sounds like an advertisement to me.

I'm not into playing or downloading these games, but if I were, I'd be tempted to download your game just because I think of you came up with this as an idea to get people to try the game, it's a great marketing concept.

welcome to the board keskamess...

if this is your game or website, I wish you well with it...I love this as a marketing concept

if this is not your game or website, maybe someone with more nefve then me will take the challenge, download this game, and reprot back to the rest of us:cool:

Yea Dealer, never thought he might be ingeniously advertising, it would have got me!

Skazz

Not marketing

No marketing scheme.

It's an old game I just enjoy playing.

It wasn't just my internet (as I just discovered) but my entire system is running faster too. ALL of my programs are opening alot quicker as well.

If it's not a fluke, hopefully someone else will try it and notice the same thing.

I'll be the guinea pig and get back to y'all! :happy:

Originally posted by muzikool
I'll be the guinea pig and get back to y'all! :happy:

we wait with baited breath, oh bravest of hearts

I hope you have another box...jsut in case

(hmmm...I wonder if the expression "baited breath" means my breath smell like fish....I hope not)

Well, I downloaded the program and installed it. About 10 minutes after I started playing, there was a knock at the door, and the FBI came in and seized my computer. Something was said about aiding terrorism. :p

ANYWAY, I played the game for about 5 minutes and didn't really see a noticeable difference in speed... certainly not to the equivalent of a T1 connection. Then again, there was a DX-Ball 2, maybe I should have downloaded that one? I don't know why keskamess would make this up though, the game is old and it's a free download from a bunch of different websites. Oh well, for now it seems that keskamess is experiencing a lucky fluke, or a really late April Fools. ;)

Originally posted by keskamess
This is the strangest thing...

I am running XP Home on my p4 comp. with a dsl connection. Normally, i get a very good speed rate.

Yesterday, I downloaded this game called DX-Ball (it's a version of the old Breakout video games I once played).

After I downloaded it and played it once, the weirdest thing happened. My internet speed increased dramatically!?!?!

My pages now load like lightning (like I have a T1 connection). I've never seen them load so quickly. This Forum page loaded in a second.

I tried the net again today, seemed slower. Played the game once and went on the net and the speed increased.

I'd be interested in knowing if it works for others or if it is just some kind of fluke. OR does anyone have an explanation as to the reasoning for the increase in speed? I have not (recently) downloaded/installed any other software.

I’ll show you a way to save $1000 a year (double glazing salesman to local Clergy resident in Church with large windows).

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One fool + one idiot = ?

:happy:

Well I got this program what you do is install it, and your computer automatically prints money out of its floppy drive, not bad huh? will sell it for £100 will easily make you £100,000,000 :)

Skazz

SkazzyUK

Did you exist once with a picture of an American Police car about three servers ago and post pictures of your cats? Or am I just getting old?
:) :) :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back