House building program...

scriptasylum

OSNN Senior Addict
My wife recently started playing with the Sims game, but all she likes to do is build the houses and furnish them. She doesn't like to actually play the game. Are there any programs that will let you just build and furnish them? Something specialized without the unecessary game logic and people.

I've looked at a few CAD-like programs for drawing floor plans and the like, but that's not what she wants.

Originally posted by eNuffSaid
Data Becker's Complete Home Designer 5, one of the best!

http://www.databecker.com

Regards,
Willem Moolenaar

Is this freeware or can you d/load a demo ver....

My wife is the same as scriptasylum's wife and she would like the same proggie....

I am a tight wad though and would like a freeware proggie or a working demo....

Any help would be gr8....Thanx in advance

Alloy25 :)

I went to that page and it looks promising. Too bad there is no demo... $29.95 is not usually a lot, but it is if the software is no good. :eek:

Originally posted by scriptasylum
I went to that page and it looks promising. Too bad there is no demo... $29.95 is not usually a lot, but it is if the software is no good. :eek:

Ditto...

comment removed - No talk of Warez - Jewelzz

Alloy25:huh:

alloy25, you should know the rules by now... No talk of warez!!

Thanks to the member who pointed this thread out to me. If this discussion continues the thread will be closed.

Well I have the program and it is alright but I find it hard to use, and I still have yet to figuare out how the auto roof generator works, as well as many of the other supposed features that just don't seem to exist even though the manual claims it does. The program really is not what I would call a "smart" program, as it is really up to you to make every aspect perfect. The program will not fix little errors that happen like walls that are not perfectly lined up or joined. It has alot of very generic furniture, but don't expect anything write home about.

But then again for $30 I guess you really can't expect too much.

My biggest apologies to the NTFS.org team and it's members for the slip up....

I am extremely sorry and I will make it a point not to do it again......

All I want is the same as scriptasylum and that is to get a program that does wat scriptasylum said ....whether it be freeware or a working demo...

Soory again

Alloy25

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

I have found a number of programs.....
Do a search on google for "Home design software"

There is about 4 million !!!!!!!

Alloy25

Originally posted by Maveric169
Well I have the program and it is alright but I find it hard to use, and I still have yet to figuare out how the auto roof generator works, as well as many of the other supposed features that just don't seem to exist even though the manual claims it does. The program really is not what I would call a "smart" program, as it is really up to you to make every aspect perfect. The program will not fix little errors that happen like walls that are not perfectly lined up or joined. It has alot of very generic furniture, but don't expect anything write home about.

But then again for $30 I guess you really can't expect too much.

Well, that settles it. She needs something simple. This is just a fun thing for her and I'm sure she won't want to sit down and learn how to use it. Looks like she'll have to be happy with the Sims. Thanks Maverick for sharing how it works.
Good for me: saved me $30
Bad for the company: out $30

Originally posted by scriptasylum
Well, that settles it. She needs something simple. This is just a fun thing for her and I'm sure she won't want to sit down and learn how to use it. Looks like she'll have to be happy with the Sims. Thanks Maverick for sharing how it works.
Good for me: saved me $30
Bad for the company: out $30

Well I just read over my post and man I can be brutal. But I do stand by that review. But I guess I should also say that it is easy to select things like walls and to draw them and the furniture is a drag and drop interface. If the only thing you wanted to do was to make a floor plan that did not need to be accurate and play with generic furniture, it would probley meet those needs. I am working on designing my future dream house that I hope to one day build and found the program inadaquate and cheesy. I really need a professional program.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back