Hotmail

Jewelzz

OSNN Godlike Veteran
When I click a link, something like 'click to email' a browser pops up for me to sign in to hotmail. I don't use hotmail, how/what do I change so that my Outlook (not express) is used?

internet explorer - > tools - > internet options
go to programs tab and select out look for the email program not Hotmail

Sorry should have stated in my original post that Outlook is set as default.

have you tried chaning it to somehting else than back again?

go to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail

and make sure default says "Microsoft Outlook"

Yep, it's set as default there also. Damn M$ can't do anything right :mad:

[Edit] Under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail
it also say (and I have no clue what this means)
PreFirstRun "Either there is no defaul mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run MS Outlook and set it as the default mail clinet. *Microsoft Outlook"

:confused:
[/Edit]

Thats just the message it will show when its first run. mine has it too

i don't think this has any thing to do with it but never the less

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSN\Mail
"client" set to "Microsoft Outlook"

try deleteing the hotmail key under the mail key, then run outlook

don't know if your outlook has this but under help there is a detect and repair option

I have MSN6 not MSN but there is not mail under there.

Hi dijital
When you go to a website some have 'click here to email' this used to open a new email from my Outlook. Ever since I put MSNM back on the system when I click those links a new browser opens for me to sign in to Hotmail so I can send an email. I want it back the way it was before putting stupid MSNM back on the computer.
Does that make sense now?

ok, so the links you click, you want it to open up outlook is what your saying. am i right?

give me an example of a webpage that asks you to "click here for email" i want to see the coding of the page.

Front page of XP-erience is one of them. At the top it where it says 'submit news'

easily solved.

go to tools > internet options > programs > change your email program to microsoft outlook

It's already set to Outlook, has been ever since Oct when I started using XP and Outlook.

how weird. its set in email to outlook, yet it opens another browser to hotmail?

well i use outlook express and it works fine for me. change your setting to outlook express and see if it works, just as a test.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back