Hotmail Storage

L

Luna64

I find this really strange.

In my inbox (I use MSN hotmail) i have about 5 emails taking up about 15k.

But when I go to the Home tab on Hotmail it says i am using 43% of my total space.

I went and searched through all my MSN groups but I found no files or pictures in any of them. So what is taking up 43% of my storage ?

I used to only have about 3 to 4 % taken up. This is strange.

Originally posted by Luna64
I find this really strange.

In my inbox (I use MSN hotmail) i have about 5 emails taking up about 15k.

But when I go to the Home tab on Hotmail it says i am using 43% of my total space.

I went and searched through all my MSN groups but I found no files or pictures in any of them. So what is taking up 43% of my storage ?

I used to only have about 3 to 4 % taken up. This is strange.

Sent mail in the sent mail folder? Received mail separated into other folders? Do you filter junk mail to a separate folder and not delete it immediately? It all adds up.

Non-emptied trash maybe? Or does Hotmail allways auto-empty?

I delete all my trash and junk mail.

I have nothing in the sent mail folder or any other folder (other than my inbox)

Go to Hotmail Home and under where it shows your useage - click on View all folders. Thius will show you what (amount) is in each of your folders and the percentage of useage of storage - perhaps this will help explain where the excess is!

I did that, and it shows my inbox taking up 33k. Everything else is 0.

Yet when I look at the status bar, it says I have used .8MB out of 2MB.

:huh:

That's really strange - perhaps this would be the time to use that "contact us" link at the bottom of Hotmail Help!

Sorry I wasn't more help!:confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back