Hotmail/MSN server down?

ming

OSNN Advanced
Does anyone have the same problem as I do?
I can't seem to be able to log into my MSN nor load the hotmail web page.

ming said:
Does anyone have the same problem as I do?
I can't seem to be able to log into my MSN nor load the hotmail web page.

Yes...i was just about to post what u posted. I really need to get on it!!!

lol.. and i thought the update to newer version was the reason why i couldnt sign in.. grrr.. *reinstalls the new version*

they took it down to conspire with Valve... hotmail/MSN messenger will be back up when HL2 is released.

I can't yet explain why, but my minions and I are researching as we speak...

In the future - open MSN Messenger, click on help and the Service Status - it will tell you if anything is down on their end:

It currently says:

Service Status
This page will be updated when information becomes available.

.NET Messenger Service Sign In
The .NET Messenger Service is temporarily experiencing difficulty. You may be unable to sign in. Please try again later.
Last Update: 3/12/2004 12:38:00 PM Pacific Time (GMT -8:00)

.NET Voice Service
All systems are stable and running.

damnyank said:
In the future - open MSN Messenger, click on help and the Service Status - it will tell you if anything is down on their end:

It currently says:

Service Status
This page will be updated when information becomes available.

.NET Messenger Service Sign In
The .NET Messenger Service is temporarily experiencing difficulty. You may be unable to sign in. Please try again later.
Last Update: 3/12/2004 12:38:00 PM Pacific Time (GMT -8:00)

.NET Voice Service
All systems are stable and running.
ROFL :D :p
"This page will be updated when information becomes available."

I can tell that it's down when I can't sign in!!!!

ming said:
ROFL :D :p
"This page will be updated when information becomes available."

I can tell that it's down when I can't sign in!!!!
And your point is???? If you read it, it says NET Messenger Service is down and NET Voice Service is running!

If you can tell it is down when you can't sign in - then why bother to ask here if anyone else has the problem??? :confused:

Was asking whether both were down since you can't exactly check the hotmail status using your method.

ming said:
Was asking whether both were down since you can't exactly check the hotmail status using your method.

Maybe I am confused - in the past whenever .NET Messenger was down - I lost both services!

Duno about you then coz I used to be able to log into MSN when hotmail was down. This hasn't happened to me for ages.
Maybe they've merged the two services together onto one server now.

Right now - I can not get into either MSN Messenger or Hotmail!

Indeed, I didn't know a security patch was available (didn't see anything about it here, strange...) ... I went to download MSN 6.1 again to see if the build number had actually been updated or not, and yes I went from 6.1.0207 to 6.1.0211 :)

Does anyone know when this update was first available ?

Is it really? It must be workin now cause i can check my mail...i havent noticed before tho.

Ummm...msn is down again...i got kicked off and i checked the status and it says its having troubles :(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back