Hotmail login denied

D

dutchy

i'm not a very experienced XP user so my question may have a simple answer. I'd be grateful nonetheless.

i don't get access to my hotmail account via XP even if i set my internet settings for privacy on low and use standard security options. I'm sure somewhere my settings are not correct, but don't know where to look. As you might know Hotmails 'service' desk isn't much help.
Other mailservers or internet banking logins do not cause any problems.

Who can help me out?

dutchy... are you just having trouble today logging into hotmail? or is this a continuous problem over a period of time...

if it is something just today mate it is probably because hotmail servers do go on the blink once in a while... just try logging in later...

nope: chronical problem

No problem is here to stay. experienced it for over a week. Also simultaneous session on other PC with different system does give access to this account. This goes for two different hotmail accounts.

If anyone could give suggestions on where a possible answer might be situated i'd be grateful

your security settings should not affect whether or not you are able to log into your hotmail account...

um is there a message or a screen that appears when you can't log into hotmail? if you can do a screen capture and post it I am sure there are going to be some people who can help you out...

if it is more than a day.. it has to be the rig or your settings...

have you deleted your cookies? Sometimes a cookie has corrupted data preventing a new cookie from forming, but also providing either wrong or no information to the server.

As you know, hotmail will check cookies to see if you have an account and attempt to "help:rolleyes: " by pulling up that info allowing you, the user, to only put in the password.

See if that helps and get back to us. :)

Thanks for your reactions. But the problem remains. Also there's no possibility to contact hotmail about it (or does anyone have a helpdesk address?).

I removed all cookies. After trying loging in new hotmail cookies appeared but all i got was a blank screen and no error message whatsoever:( . The service desk of my PC retailer could not help out either.

I planned on quiting hotmail alltogether but first i want to download all my old messages. So it's catch22 for MSN and me.

any suggestions...

check your cipher strength too on ie.....should be 128 bit i believe

don't supose ur usin aol + it hapens on most secure sites?

thanks again.

yes cypher is 128: IE 6.0
no i'm not on aol and secure sites like my bank account do give access.

also, i tried to download the account to outlook express 6.0, it gave following error message:

an error occured. Account: 'Hotmail', Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp', Protocol: HTTPMail, Port: 0, Security(SSL): No, error: 0x800C006F
and
HTTP-server. Protocol: NNTP, Port: 0, Security(SSL): No, error: 0x800C006F

so, i tried to find info on this but no such luck. :confused:

ok... last stab in the dark... are you using a firewalll? you might want to play with your firewall settings... like opening a port to allow commnication... sounds dumb... probably is... but might be somethng to do with your firewall... IF you use one... (xp comes with one too... dunno if it is enabled on your pc though)

thanks, but no luck.

firewall wasn't activated. Even fooling around with it didn't have results.
I see a new thread on the same subject has appeared. I'll keep posted.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back