hot to convert a DAT file to MPEG????

E

EMDY

a friend broght me a burned cd in like VCD format...but i want to convert the "videos" from DAT format into MPEG format.....but i don´t know how......any help?

if its VCD, use a dvd ripper and then reencode into divx or something

well i don´t know if it´s really a VDC.....the thing is that the video files are in DAT format........still i can open them, but want to change format.........

TMPEnc (reencode the dat file ....)

Download.....

KaZaa....

PM me if you need more special help.....

peace

just copy the .dat file into ur hard drive and it should work using wmp....if u want it to be mpg....change it into .mpg or.mpeg....either way it should work ..it's better than reencoding it....works for me

that´s the point....i want to change it to .mpeg.....but how?

it's already in mpg file.....it turns into .dat file so it's compatible with dvd players but it's a mpg file in the first place before it's burned into vcd....all vcds are mpgs

i think what jasonb is saying is rename the file " whateveryourdatis.dat" to "whateveryourdatis.mpeg"

I dont know if that would work.. possible...

Peace

Ellecard mpeg player will play .dat files if they are ofcourse video lol

but recomended is vcdgear it will change it to mpg and fix the mpeg buffers if need be vcdgear and vcdgeargui can be found at
http://www.vcdgear.com/

THe vcd gear gui is easier to use can be used just drag and drop i think or just browse for the file i forget now
http://vcdhelp.com/vcdgeargui.htm
lil tutorial
Both tools available at the vcdgear website tho
hope it helps

Stircrazy......this program was what i needed.....thanks....thanks a lot.........good site.....

most of the time u can just change the extension
i do that
the file is like blahblah.dat
just rename it to blahblah.mpg
works fine in most cases for me

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back