Hot! Hot! Hot!

G

Gouk

Look at my PC specs in my sig.

I live in the UK and its kind of hot outside and stuff and my PC is getting VERY hot while at full load for only 10 minutes and an uptime of 8 hours.

I have set the C.O.P @ 70c.

Any cooling recommendations?

I already have blow holes.

Dude, you got to get that temp down, leave the case open and put a fan blowing onto the motherboard.

Leave the puter out in the open nothing within 4 to 6 inches of it, thought you had the temps down when you bought that new hsf?

:cool:

thats crazy, im surprised its still working... tkae the case off, and put an ac fan by it or atleast a fan......

Originally posted by Iceman
I thought you had the temps down when you bought that new hsf?

The weather was not hot before, it is now though and its really made an impact on the CPU temp :(

Maybe I should get a water cooling kit?

What's your room temps ?

I'm serious dude, u have to get those temps down somehow, get a fan blowing on that sucker.

I wouldn't do water cooling myself, just my opinion.

Originally posted by catch23
DUDE SHUT IT DOWN

DO NOT let it get that hot...it severly shortens the life of that CPU...You need to open up your case because it obviously doesn't move much air around (Go figure, it's a Lian Li)

I did shut it down for 30 minutes.

Its now running @ 61c with a few programs running.

I have blowholes in and around the case so airflow should not be a problem. Maybe its coz my PC is not in a spacious environment. I think I will rearrange my bedroom.

I expected better from my ThermalTake though and I have two case fans and fans on my PSU and GFX card.

Are there any good silent (low-sound) fans around which are good enough to cool a Athlon 2000+ ? I think the HSF I have now is a bit too loud, its doing my head in.

Guys I can't believe this.

I downloaded CPUIdle and thought "yeah right! Bullsh*t! This ain't gonna work"

So I install it and configured it and I almost fainted.

My room temp is around the same and my PC Uptime is around 3 hours.

Thats crazy. A program well worth using :)

I'm in the UK also...Damn it's hot here, my PC is unaffected, but I'm cookin' here, and ideas for human-cooling? I'd look stupid with a heatsink/fan combo on my fore-head :rolleyes: , is water-cooling an option??:confused:

Yes, but its night over there now.... and most likly a bit cooler.

I agree with the above, if it gets that hot again...shut it off.

Its 92 here, my cpu rinning at 37....But im AC too... :cool:

Originally posted by catch23
First off, the HSF you have IS good...your case sucks and isn't pushing the hot air out of the case though.

Secondly...CPU Idle worked for me too...but I fear that it's basically making mine a Pentium 4...allowing onlya certian amount of the CPU to be used...

Did you disable the Standard cooling option so it uses the OS cooling system instead of resources?

You have nothing to be worried about, it won't shorten your CPU's life by any marginal amount, and even if it does, by the time this computer dies, you'll already have had two newer ones.

I have a Duron 650 overclocked to 900 and constantly am at that kind of temperature 60-70 degrees C. I've been running this setup for over 2 years now, and no problems.

So theres no need to shut your PC down, run Prime95 and see if your computer crashes at all, if not, then you're in good shape.

Originally posted by rezacentral
You have nothing to be worried about, it won't shorten your CPU's life by any marginal amount, and even if it does, by the time this computer dies, you'll already have had two newer ones.

I have a Duron 650 overclocked to 900 and constantly am at that kind of temperature 60-70 degrees C. I've been running this setup for over 2 years now, and no problems.

So theres no need to shut your PC down, run Prime95 and see if your computer crashes at all, if not, then you're in good shape.

Interesting take on that, but when you get over 60C that is really heating up...let alone 70C.

You may be right, but you are still rolling the dice and taking a chance. That is not normal temps for a CPU.

I hope your right, if thats the case I can overclock to 3GH :D

This seems to work with Athlon 2100+

I just copy and pasted this old post because I might help:

If you have an AC duct close to your comp, try this

CPU receives direct airflow from AC duct with fan and another duct.

This provides great cooling to CPU and since the air that comes from ac can go down to like 12 degrees Celsius the room temp does not affect CPU temp as much. I don't keep my case this way all the time since it can get quite loud. With this setup and Volcano 7+ at high, CPU can be at 35 degrees when fully loaded

case.jpg

Re: This seems to work with Athlon 2100+

Originally posted by Dimoe
I just copy and pasted this old post because I might help:

If you have an AC duct close to your comp, try this

CPU receives direct airflow from AC duct with fan and another duct.

This provides great cooling to CPU and since the air that comes from ac can go down to like 12 degrees Celsius the room temp does not affect CPU temp as much. I don't keep my case this way all the time since it can get quite loud. With this setup and Volcano 7+ at high, CPU can be at 35 degrees when fully loaded

case.jpg

P.S. Tip: Make sure you disconnect it before winter. :rolleyes: :D

Its a fact.

The point is people sorely underestimate the heat that these processors can withstand. Take my CPU for example, its a two year old Duron 650 overclocked to 900 and has been running for two years at an average of about 14 hours a day. NO PROBLEMS what so ever.

I used to have 3 or 4 fans in the case, to bring the heat down, but got sick of the noise, and no real increase in performance to leave them in.

Originally posted by rezacentral
Its a fact.

The point is people sorely underestimate the heat that these processors can withstand. Take my CPU for example, its a two year old Duron 650 overclocked to 900 and has been running for two years at an average of about 14 hours a day. NO PROBLEMS what so ever.

Well that's great, but I paid a few hard earned $$$ on this system, and I don't want to take that chance.

In the system in my closet, that I still have yet to put together(out of old parts p3 450, 256 pc 133....ect) I may not get at worried.

But the original poster Goku, may be a little more concerned about his equipment, and probably leaves his pc on 24/7 like me.

AMD Athlons

AMD Athlons where designed to withstand upto 90 degrees Celcius. They even say so on their site. However keeping it that high will shorten the CPU's life span. I wouldn't let the CPU go over 64 degress celcuis.

Reason: thats the lowerst CPU temp threshold you can have with ASUS probe.

Re: AMD Athlons

Originally posted by Dimoe
AMD Athlons where designed to withstand upto 90 degrees Celcius. They even say so on their site. However keeping it that high will shorten the CPU's life span. I wouldn't let the CPU go over 64 degress celcuis.

Reason: thats the lowerst CPU temp threshold you can have with ASUS probe.

1) I would like to see that link on the AMD site

2) I wouldn't let it get over 56C, before taking action.

3) I use asus probe, and it can be picky, I don't really trust it.

AMD Athlon

thats what I meant, u just said it in a more drastic and in your face way.

Anyway, i would recommend 64 degrees celcuis as a temp threshold, ASUS did...

Well we all know heat is not good for a cpu, so obviously, less is better.

And as far as official proof, I don't have any off hand...But, I do agree is your CPU jumps over 56C constantly, it cannot be good for it. It's your cpu though it's your call, I personally would not let it get that warm.

Just my .02, take it how you want it.

P.S. Goku, being in the UK is probably sleeping by now anyhow.:rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back