hook up 2 monitors

C

cs-cky

i was wonder if i could hook up 2 montiors on my system. my video card is a geforce 4 ti 4200. how do i hook up 2 monitors?

You have to have a DVI connector (it's a white plastic rectangle) next to your monitor plug, and if your other monitor doesn't connect to DVI, you will need a DVI-to-VGA dongle.

Originally posted by cs-cky
i was wonder if i could hook up 2 montiors on my system. my video card is a geforce 4 ti 4200. how do i hook up 2 monitors?

does your video card have 2 monitor outputs ?

if it does one is a regular CRT and one is a DVi output... to use it like a regular crt port... just use the adaptor that should have come with your card else you can buy one from a store for cheap...

Nview is the nvidia software that allows you to use multiple desktops (spanning over the 2 monitors or separate) or you can use www.ultramon.com 's proggy :) its quite handy...

windows also has its own little thinger.. though it is quite basic (win XP... dunno bout the rest since I haven't used em forever)

check the dongle like handybuddy said and then try out the stuff I have posted...

if you don't have 2 monitor ports on your card... you will have to use a pci card to get access to your second display...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back