Home vs. Pro

L

loppdawg69

Ok heres a question...is pro's requirements higher the home edition. I am upgrading a laptop of a friends i think its a 400 or so..they currently have a messed version of home but also own pro..which should i go to, i prefer pro but dont know if the system reqs are higher or not.

loppdawg69,

From my understanding there are not any different system requirements between home and pro. Here is a link with the basic differences but I am sure you already know this. Click Here!. One thing! I have XP pro running on a 400 with 64 megs or memory and it was a pig until I added another 128, so you might take that into consideration!

The difference in versions are as follows

Home Edition can't logon a domain (well it's not susposed to, with Powertoys you can).

Some networking tools can't remember which aren't included.

There should not be a difference in performance between the two editions.

Originally posted by MrW
The difference in versions are as follows

Home Edition can't logon a domain (...with Powertoys you can).

mrw...this is supposed to be a myth...and every expert that I know says there's nothing in power toys to accomplish this, so, we all have power toys....if you know how to do it, please post it...thanx

Pro is also said to have better security...not really sure what it is though...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back