Home to Pro

Tabletop Expert

I want it to snow!
I was wondering if you could update from windows xp home to profestional edition without a total reinstall?

If it is possible could anyone tell me how?

yes. As long as you keep the languages the same, then you should be ok.

Tabletop Expert said:
I was wondering if you could update from windows xp home to profestional edition without a total reinstall?

If it is possible could anyone tell me how?

What is the point of home-to-pro? I did that a couple of years back, waste of £175

Always buy your software, we dont condone warez or piracy here

Bootsy said:
...dirty pirates

I agree, these scum bags are the ones that cost jobs and make us legal users pay more money.

Well when the Police are knocking in his door and he gets a fine of £120,000 per item stolen then all I can say is HA!

did he say warez, no he didn't now theres a few reasons why he might be upgrading without paying, gift, had it already on another PC, got it via uni when he signed up for a course, so to all those who posted above STFU. :p

Lee said:
I agree, these scum bags are the ones that cost jobs and make us legal users pay more money.

Well when the Police are knocking in his door and he gets a fine of £120,000 per item stolen then all I can say is HA!

send em round, should be a laugh as my total worth is under 5 grand. :rolleyes:

Piracy is not a joke anymore. There used to be a time when you could get away with it. But almost every prog you get now has to be activated or calls home giving info as far as whether it is legally owned or not. And don't think a firewall will stop this, they know other ways around it. Like for instance they send it through things like svhost (remote procedure call) and such.

So go ahead and try it once .. See what happens ;)

all i know is i got XP pro for 7 bucks. :D so im happy. got to love student licen.

The School of Engineering gives us free licenses to XP Pro, Office XP, VS.NET 2003 and heaps of other MS stuff. Free does not always mean pirated.
wink.gif

I was just giving a warning to make sure it wasnt going to diverge over into piracy talk, I see everyone just saw the word piracy or warez and jumped on some kind of bandwagon

Back to the question ... yes you can. I actually asked the same question some time ago. It went fine. A few days later, I got multiple errors, until I couldn't boot anymore. I ended up with a fresh install.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back