Home to Pro??

Teddy

Boogie Nights...!
I currently have XP Home....do you lot thinks its worth upgrading to Professional?

Any REAL advantages etc?

Thanks.

very funny srory

bought home preinstalled on my hap laptop

a while back, microsoft had an incredible promotion, and I obught pro for 50 bucks.

at first, I thought I was upgradining my box, so I put off using the cd.

then, I never upgraded, and I still haven't opened the cd.

I did have the gum though

The startup bar that goes across when XP is loading is different. Thats all. :p

If you are going to pay for it then no, it's not worth it in my opinion.

Well I have 4 copies of Home and 1 copy of PRO (all paid for). PRO seems to give more problems than Home for some reason. Home just runs and runs, PRO seems to always need some attention of some kind.

PRO will work with dual CPUs, Home only one. PRO gives you more control over say a server application which is where my copy of PRO is by the way. Home will only allow 5 connections and PRO will allow 10. M$ says you can not increase the amount of allowable connections on either version. I got my copy of PRO like dealer did during the promo that M$ ran and only had to pay $50....

All and all I think Home is the berries for 95% of users needs....

:happy:

Thank u all!!

I think i know what im gonna do now!

Cheers

I have the Bobble Head and the baseball but I can not find the gum..........:mad:

let me give you a hint.

this gum is some of the worst gum in gum history.

don't open it, just keep it locked up...maybe it'll be worth something in the future...like the first micky mantle card, or a tiffany shade...cuz it aint worth the paper it's packed in

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back