Home Networking Question

longbow

OSNN Newbie
Hi everybody!

I have a problem with my ethernet card and dont know how to fix it.
I have a network of 4 pcs at home ( 1 for wife, 1 for son, 1 for daughter and 1 for myself). Everybody sees each other but I cannot see anybody and when I troubleshoot my eth. card it tells me that its working properly. I could go on the internet thats not a problem, but i cant see the members of my family on the network. If anyone has an idea of what the problem could be ,I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Longbow

LeeJend

OSNN Veteran Addict
Re: ethernet card

Groups-
Make sure the blind computer is set tot eh same workgroup as the pothers on the network.

Firewalls-
Turn them ALL off to start and see if you can see other computers. If that works then you need to go in and add the new card (PC) to the allowed addresses for LAN access.

Settings-
Make sure the printer and file sharing is turned on and that some folder is actually set to allow others to access it.

You may need to reboot all the machines on the network after making these changes before they will see the new guy.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Haniew