Home Networking HELP!!!

Dubbin1

I Like Cheese
Well... I dont know what I did but I did it :( Everything was just fine until yesterday and now when I click on my network icon it takes several minutes for it to open up. After it finally opens everything works just fine. ICS works just fine if that helps. I just use a crossover cable and a couple NICs here so there is no router, switch or hub here that I need to worry about. On the second machine the network works like it should. The only thing I could think of what I done was when I installed Norton 2002 but when I uninstalled it I still have the problem. I tried to do a system restore but it says that my computer cant be restored. I tried a few diff restore points and still get the same message. OK I'm done rambling on now.

*UPDATE I just created another user account and the network worked fine on it if that helps.*

Please HELP!!!!!!!!!
Thanks

there is a problem with windows searching the other computers on the network for scheduled tasks and such, but you say this only happens to one user? and the other users work fine?

If this only occurs with this one user my suggestion would be to create a new account copy your data over and delete the user profile with the problem, the only thing I could think of that would cause this is some cached information in your profile propably in the ntuser.dat file which could not be deleted or modified, this file contains all of your settings information. You could also try to delete any items you may have in your nethood folder in your profile lcated in your C:\Documents and Settings\"User in question" folder, you will need to set the "show hidden files and folders" option and removed the check on "hide protected operating system files" in the Tools\Folder Options\view window, hope this helps, and I apologize if it was to technical.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back