• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

home network question (synchronizing)

luish

OSNN Senior Addict
Hey...
some weeks ago i got a laptop and i bought a wireless laptop...

my network and internet is all fine...

i got a little issue i would like some help...

i got on my main desktop my outlook pst file..and currently my laptop outlook uses the same file on the network.

but i would like to have the main pst file on the laptop, and to auto syncronize it with the desktop outlook it time windows starts.

is there any way to do it ?

thanks.

epk

Political User
don't you just have to copy that file to the laptop and then configure the desktop to work with the network file? (basically reverse your actual config)

luish

OSNN Senior Addict
don't you just have to copy that file to the laptop and then configure the desktop to work with the network file? (basically reverse your actual config)
i want it allways to be syncronized.

i dont open both in the same time.

and if the laptop is off, then the pst wont be workig :)

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
Without some type of server-based setup, i.e. Exchange, I don't believe this is possible. You can continue to share as you have, but if you want offline sync you would need a type of mail server somewhere.

epk

Political User
Without some type of server-based setup, i.e. Exchange, I don't believe this is possible. You can continue to share as you have, but if you want offline sync you would need a type of mail server somewhere.
yeah, that's exactly what i thought

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shariaokeda