G

gryffe

Hi,

I am trying to connect to the internet on a 2nd PC using a Belkin 54g
Wireless Network Adaptor. I have set up home network but the connection via
the Belkin fails with "this connection has limited or no connectivity" The
explanation is "the network did not assign a network address to the computer"

Some background to my problem

I used to be able to use this network, however I got a new PC which is now the main PC, the PC I am now using as the 2nd PC used to be the main PC. I also have a laptop in the network which I have set up with no problems whatsoever. All PCs are XP.
Any suggestions/ideas gratefully received

Thanks in advance

go to the router and log in to it. find out what you LAN IP is 192.192.0.0 for example. the goto the pc that is not working and give the NIC the same IP address . you may have to change the last set of digits to 100. Reboot machine and router and it should work as i had this problem.

brocher, is the router is set for dhcp that wont work long term.

just to be clear you have one wireless router and 3 computers, two regular pc's and one laptop correct?

I would start by shutting everything off - High Speed Modem, Router, and all machines.

Turn modem back on first, wait a minute or two for the lights to stabilize.

Turn Router back on, same behavior for lights

Machines one at a time, verify connectivity before proceeding.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back