Home Network Configuration Question

M

Moonacres

Hey all,

I have 3 desktops and 1 laptop at home. I use 1 desktop and laptop (both with WINXP PRO) and both of my son's use WIN98 on their machine each.

What I want to do is connect all of them together through a hub. I currently have my main desktop and my laptop connected with the hub and the DSL modem from Bell sympatico connected to the uplink port on the hub. The problem is that each pc would have to have its own software on it and each connects individual to my ISP. Thereby creating 4 concurent connections to the ISP, which I cannot do.

I have heard about ICS but not sure how I should go about it and I have looked at routers but cannot afford one at the moment.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Aces&Eights

Use can use software Like ICS or wingate to turn the computer that is connected to the internet into a router, I never had much luck with the Builtin ICS but wingate installed real easy for me.

If the DSL modem is an ethernet modem you'll also need two network cards in the ICS computer (one for the modem, one for the LAN (hub)).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back