holy god, need help!

D

doofy

I just installed nero buring program ver. 5.5.5.6 and after the reboot both of my cd drives have disappeared. I went into "my computer" hardware wizard, and both drives have exclamation makrs next to them. Windows is recognizing them, but not initalizing them I guess. Need help !!!!

1) Do you have Adaptec's Aspi Layer installed? If so, you may want to uninstall it. Nero installs its own aspi layer
or
2) Open up your box, disconnect the drives, reboot and reconnect

i didn't have the aspi layer installed, but then I installed it, thinking it would help... I will try your other suggestion. if I don't post back, it worked.

only other idea I've got is update to the newest version of Nero

I tried the unplug and restart, didn't work.

here is the error code I'm getting:

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device.

Well when the **** hits the fan there is always the system restore!!!!

You should try going to the BIOS and try re-configuring the drives in the standard CMOS setup. Just put IDE primary/slave to auto.
I hope this works.

"ooo...shafted"

you, my friend, have been screwed by the compatibility rapists @ microsoft, thank you and have a nice day!

I would get the Nero version 5.5.9.0 which I believe is the lastest version and it should work with XP and also hopefully fix ur problem

Originally posted by spikemic
it takes nero 5.5.7.2 or better to run on xp.............

im running 5.5.6.3 works fine...
doofy uninstall them from the device manager then reboot and let windows reinstall them

yeah, system restore, get Latest Nero Version and then install that.

Originally posted by xsk8zerox

good for you, you you the man, from all seen, read and installed, 5.5.7.2 is first with no bugs for anyone on xp.....some before might work for some but it should work for everyone.

Originally posted by xsk8zerox

good for you, you you the man, from all seen, read and installed, 5.5.7.2 is first with no bugs for anyone on xp.....some before might work for some but it should work for everyone.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back