• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

holy god, need help!

D

doofy

I just installed nero buring program ver. 5.5.5.6 and after the reboot both of my cd drives have disappeared. I went into "my computer" hardware wizard, and both drives have exclamation makrs next to them. Windows is recognizing them, but not initalizing them I guess. Need help !!!!

dreamliner77

The Analog Kid
1) Do you have Adaptec's Aspi Layer installed? If so, you may want to uninstall it. Nero installs its own aspi layer
or
2) Open up your box, disconnect the drives, reboot and reconnect

D

doofy

i didn't have the aspi layer installed, but then I installed it, thinking it would help... I will try your other suggestion. if I don't post back, it worked.

D

doofy

I tried the unplug and restart, didn't work.

here is the error code I'm getting:

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device.

R

Rebs

You should try going to the BIOS and try re-configuring the drives in the standard CMOS setup. Just put IDE primary/slave to auto.
I hope this works.

K

Kw4ntuM

"ooo...shafted"

you, my friend, have been screwed by the compatibility rapists @ microsoft, thank you and have a nice day!

chastity

Staff member
Political User
I would get the Nero version 5.5.9.0 which I believe is the lastest version and it should work with XP and also hopefully fix ur problem

Originally posted by xsk8zerox

im running 5.5.6.3 works fine...
good for you, you you the man, from all seen, read and installed, 5.5.7.2 is first with no bugs for anyone on xp.....some before might work for some but it should work for everyone.

Originally posted by xsk8zerox

im running 5.5.6.3 works fine...

good for you, you you the man, from all seen, read and installed, 5.5.7.2 is first with no bugs for anyone on xp.....some before might work for some but it should work for everyone.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierge