Hmm Router Sorted Now Need N/W Help

SkazzyUK

XP-erience Oldie
Ok, I got all the documents for my router, its now all configured properly and dials out fine,

Heres my setup:

Got 2 PC's Plugged into a 8 Port Hub then a ISDN router plugged into the isdn and the hub,

Now the router is set to dial on demand,

I have given it the ip 192.168.0.100, (not for wan tho only lan)

All my other pc's have that set as the gateway and have been set to unspecified ip so that they get assigned one by the router.

Ok, so I click to go on the net, what happens err nothing, so I ping the router 192.168.0.100 and it replys with nothing but dials up isdn and connects to the net,

So i try the internet again whilst it is connected, no internet, so i try pinging it again still no reply,

What is my problem? (don't say ure pants at pc's)

Any suggestions please?

SkaZZy:D

If you're using only two computers just set up manually tcp/ip on both of them with compliant settings.
There should be something wrong with subnet and address assignment.

You have a 8port hub plugged into an ISDN router?!?
How many ports are on the ISDN router?!? Can that be used by itself?!? That might isolate the problem?!?

Try setting the network manualy like Rootz suggested...

my 1st thought was you are attempting to use DHCP w/ the 2 puters and you should have given them specific IP addys, 198.162.0.3 and 198.162.0.4. You also have to use the 255.255.255.0 subnet Below that on the 2 puters use 198.162.0.1 as the default gateway on them. The router should have a set IP addy, 198.162.0.1, same subnet. Now when the router and computer/computers are fired up they will look to the router which has the ISDN attached. The puters will see it as the gateway. This will give you a NAT which is as good as any firewall and it should allow the puters to go right through to the net.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back