HL2 - What's this about...?

Aah, Steam preloading.

Basically it means you can download HL2 or tell steam to download HL2 before its actually released on the streets. You can't play it yet though, you have to wait until its activated.

HL2 starts downloading today.
Don't get too excited tho, its stuff that isn't going to change such as Textures.

They want to try and get it shipped either this month, or early september for a fall release apparently.

quite a few places have the release set for sept. 1st. i HOPE they're correct. If Half-Life 2 has multiplayer, which it should, *drool*. Half-Life: Source *drool*

Like I said, I doubt a game that hasn't gone gold yet, could be ready to hit the shelves in 11 days.

Naturally, I would love to be wrong :)

hah. ya. it would be kinda a kick and shove out Vivendi's door.....but if it does go gold this week, and if Vivendi hurries it's little a** up, i'd say they MIGHT make that release. if not, then probably still early/mid september...... i hope. i say that too much. they should just release the friggin thing so i can quit saying "i hope" about it's release. :-/

errm.... not that i know of..... and i follow HL2 pretty much. unless i did see it and it just didn't register at the time.

Yeah will be tonight... unless hopefully they release more CS:S patches :)

nah... they're gonna more than likely start pre-loading today. they prolly wanna get that outta the way and get the game to Vivendi as soon as possible.... if not sooner.

http://www.whutdufuk.com/?post=632287876827187500

an interesting little comparison between Doom 3 and Half-Life 2. makes some VERY good points, as well as showing some of the points they talk about, like how the Half-Life 2 models look a WHOLE lot better than the Doom 3 models, and how the Doom 3 models sometimes wind up looking like coneheads and stuff. it's interesting to read.

ZeroHour: did you even look into that article? News posted July 29th. as in 6 days from being a month ago. it'll probably go gold in the next few days from NOW, but obviously not when that article was posted. as long as they meet their estimated release date of mid to late September i'll be happy. i'd be overjoyed if they make the EB Games and some other website's release date of September 1st, but as of right now it doesn't seem like that's gonna happen since it didn't go gold yet.

Elemental I did yeh but I just thought I would post it since it was not official but *supposed* to be gold.
Just thought it might be interesting m8.
As it said in the news, its a titbit :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back