• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

HL2 ships on time.

Valve is now stating that HL2 will go Gold on Sept, 13 and and arrive on the 30th as scheduled!! A miscommunication between Valve and Vivendi is the reason for the earllier reports of a delay in shipping. >WOOHOO<

It also would appear that Valve has fixed the FSAA problem for Nvidea users and that it should no longer be a problem either.

Excellent news indeed! I'm glad they fixed the NVidia thing. Playing such a great looking game without FSAA would be a shame, especially when your card is capable of doing it without much of a performance hit.

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
Originally posted by DitchHopper
Valve is now stating that HL2 will go Gold on Sept, 13 and and arrive on the 30th as scheduled!! A miscommunication between Valve and Vivendi is the reason for the earllier reports of a delay in shipping. >WOOHOO<

It also would appear that Valve has fixed the FSAA problem for Nvidea users and that it should no longer be a problem either.
yup the chat transcripts are up for the session online recently @ a few places... I will see if I can dig it up...

the AA issue does appear to have been corrected... it was not just nvidia though... it was ATi cards that was affected as well though the work around was supposedly easier for ATi cards due to some support in their hardware for centroid sampling...

nvidia was to have a software solution... but I am sure they can work around it... as they have stated...

http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3071

there you go :)

enjoy...

weeeeee! now I can start burning more hours of my life away on schedual!

With such prolonged periods of play, I may actually fuse with my chair, and become one symbiotic being... Tell my mother I love her, and the broken window wasn't me

Terrahertz

Extinction Agenda
Political User
DitchHopper may your days be long and prosperous. You rock for the sweetest info Ive heard all day and your sig is total bad @ss. Long live the Gordon.

Z

Zansky

Im sorry but I need to see proof of this. I don't believe it untill i see proof.

don't think so... Valve has said that the game should be arriving on the 30th, although I have still seen various release dates left and right (November 19th was the closest I could find to 30) the new horrible best buy website has it listed as arriving on november 3-12, so you can tell that there is still some uncertainty

but again, valve says the 30th, so we can only pray

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timpage