HL2 episode 1 question

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hey all,

Can't see anywhere on the HL2:EP1 site if HL2 needs to be installed. I purchased HL2 through steam awhile ago, but don't know If I need to reinstall it to purchase EP1, or do I just need to reinstall steam by itself.

Is EP1 an expansion pack of a full game?

Thanks all,

Heeter

UPDATE:

Hey all, finally saw a little blurb jammed in some corner that I don't need my HL2 installed.

Thanks anyways,

Heeter

Yup its standalone but Steam will download everything it needs anyway, think if you still have both games it will of course share various data.

Is it a full game?

Would it be worth it then to re install my HL2 for sharing data?

Thanks, EP

Heeter

Is it a full game?

Would it be worth it then to re install my HL2 for sharing data?

Thanks, EP

Heeter

Heeter you can purchase Episode 1 in either way...
but HL2 does NOT have to be installed for it to work...

Directly from the website:
Half-Life 2: Episode One is the first in a series of new adventures created by Valve that extend the Half-Life 2 single player experience. It details the aftermath of Half Life 2 and launches a journey beyond City 17.

Stepping into the hazard suit of Dr. Gordon Freeman, you face the immediate repercussions of your actions in City 17 and the Citadel. Rejoin Alyx Vance and her robot, Dog, to once again aid the human resistance in their desperate battle against the totalitarian alien menace of the Combine.

Episode One exposes Alyx's combat skills and knowledge of City 17. Battle side-by-side with her through Valve's first episodic game, a four-to-six hour adventure of greater density and detail than non-episodic releases.

In addition to the new single player campaign, Half-Life 2: Episode One also includes two multiplayer games. And everything you need to play is included in the box – Half-Life 2 is not required to play.

Thanks Big M,

I did not see that anywhere on the site I was on,

LOLOL, maybe too busy watching the trailers,

On a side note: Call of Duty2 is available on steam as well, for 29Bucks, can't go wrong for waiting I guess,

Thanks all.

Heeter

I love HL2 and finished EP1 waiting now for EP2 and EP3 what a great story line and game play is rockin'

I wish they would hurry up. The whole reason for these smaller episodes was to get the games out quicker.

Yes, instead of 5 or 6 years, maybe a year or less lol.

Don't expect it every few months buddy. Might not happen.

Question:

I played HL2 that game rocked bigtime, 1 of the best i ever played(only valve sucked)

Is EP really worth playing??

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back