HL2 episode 1 question

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hey all,

Can't see anywhere on the HL2:EP1 site if HL2 needs to be installed. I purchased HL2 through steam awhile ago, but don't know If I need to reinstall it to purchase EP1, or do I just need to reinstall steam by itself.

Is EP1 an expansion pack of a full game?

Thanks all,

Heeter

Heeter

UPDATE:

Hey all, finally saw a little blurb jammed in some corner that I don't need my HL2 installed.

Thanks anyways,

Heeter

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
Yup its standalone but Steam will download everything it needs anyway, think if you still have both games it will of course share various data.

Heeter

Is it a full game?

Would it be worth it then to re install my HL2 for sharing data?

Thanks, EP

Heeter

mlakrid

OSNN BASSMASTER
Political User
Is it a full game?

Would it be worth it then to re install my HL2 for sharing data?

Thanks, EP

Heeter
Heeter you can purchase Episode 1 in either way...
but HL2 does NOT have to be installed for it to work...

Directly from the website:
Half-Life 2: Episode One is the first in a series of new adventures created by Valve that extend the Half-Life 2 single player experience. It details the aftermath of Half Life 2 and launches a journey beyond City 17.

Stepping into the hazard suit of Dr. Gordon Freeman, you face the immediate repercussions of your actions in City 17 and the Citadel. Rejoin Alyx Vance and her robot, Dog, to once again aid the human resistance in their desperate battle against the totalitarian alien menace of the Combine.

Episode One exposes Alyx's combat skills and knowledge of City 17. Battle side-by-side with her through Valve's first episodic game, a four-to-six hour adventure of greater density and detail than non-episodic releases.

In addition to the new single player campaign, Half-Life 2: Episode One also includes two multiplayer games. And everything you need to play is included in the box – Half-Life 2 is not required to play.

Heeter

Thanks Big M,

I did not see that anywhere on the site I was on,

LOLOL, maybe too busy watching the trailers,

On a side note: Call of Duty2 is available on steam as well, for 29Bucks, can't go wrong for waiting I guess,

Thanks all.

Heeter

Shamus MacNoob

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political User
I love HL2 and finished EP1 waiting now for EP2 and EP3 what a great story line and game play is rockin'

gonaads

Beware the G-Man
Political User
I wish they would hurry up. The whole reason for these smaller episodes was to get the games out quicker.

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
Yes, instead of 5 or 6 years, maybe a year or less lol.

Don't expect it every few months buddy. Might not happen.

Jakoemanou

OSNN One Post Wonder
Question:

I played HL2 that game rocked bigtime, 1 of the best i ever played(only valve sucked)

Is EP really worth playing??

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollBoll