HL2 Countdown!

hmm.... don't look much different than it does on my rig. damn is it an addicting game though. i was just playing it for like 2 and a half hours. if my computer didn't bluescreen (probably from being a tad too warm, since i didn't crank my fan speed up a bit), i'd still be playing.

Abulon said:
I can't wait to get home and finally play it but I also have a question.
This is the first game I buy through steam and I was wondering how it works...
Do I get to burn a cd with the game on it (for when I reinstall windows) or what?
My friend was playing earlier this morning and he said it kept "loading" every few minutes...and it was a real pain. He doesn't not have a crappy machine and the only thing I could think of was he is playing it from the steam file???

TIA
The retail and the steam version are exactly the same, in every way.

There is no CD to burn, that's the point of steam :) however steam does now have a backup option which creates a single executable backup of any of the steam games, and you could then burn that to many CDs (or a DVD).

The loading every few minutes thing I think is a bit of an exaggeration. HL doesn't have loading screens it says "loading" on screen when the level is changing which gives the appearance of one continuous game/map/story

The retail and the steam version are exactly the same, in every way.

There is no CD to burn, that's the point of steam :) however steam does now have a backup option which creates a single executable backup of any of the steam games, and you could then burn that to many CDs (or a DVD).

The loading every few minutes thing I think is a bit of an exaggeration. HL doesn't have loading screens it says "loading" on screen when the level is changing which gives the appearance of one continuous game/map/story
Gracias.

Hmm im having real trouble connecting to the steam service, anyone else?

My son's been on for hours and not had any problem's,even I had a little go but got bored after 5 minutes :p

ED: The source code being leaked wasn't bad for Valve? :p

vern: I officially hate you :D

I can't seem to get in either. The account creation keeps popping up with an authentication error :eek:

Dublex said:
I can't seem to get in either. The account creation keeps popping up with an authentication error :eek:

it may be a long shot..but make sure you have the ports open for steam..i had that problem and that helped it..hope it helps

grandmaster: i never said it WASN'T bad for valve. just wasn't that revealing, unlike Halo 2 entirely leaked 2 weeks early

on a side note.... u should all use the impulse 101 cheat just to see the new crossbow bolts. you'll crack up laughing. and you can actually pin people to the wall if they're close enough to the wall when you shoot them.

Just picked up a copy from my local retailer, installing as I post this!

There are 6 discs in my package, 2 of them are Disk 2. :eek:

Well thats it imho

This is the game to beat , there is nothing like it , what a great game wow I love it !!!!

Far Cry was great this is just better and thats not a put down to far cry its just because Far Cry was that good , but this is ROCKIN wow serious work was put into this game .

I think this game is the dogs balls :) There are so many bits that has made me go "heh cool!" when they shoot at you under water was one of those.
Great game get it if you can

yah. forgot about that tommy till you mentioned it. seeing the little bullet trails if they shoot at you while you're under water. also quite fun to do something like This

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back