HL2 cheat wanted

Khayman

I'm sorry Hal...
Political Access
(Minor spoiler if you keep reading)

Shock horror!, cheats!!

Well I've finished the game, so now I like to play the game with cheats so I can mess around look in every crock and cranny etc

I have the main cheats, god impulse 101 etc but what I really want is to get the modified gravity gun that you get during the last few levels, which rocks socks :)

I've tried all the give weapon _XXXX cheats (most of them don't do anything) and I can only get the normal Grav gun.

Anyone know of a way?

To get the uber grav gun, you have to start a game, change the map to a Citidel level, type in "impulse 101", then change back to the beginning.

I don't have the map names in front of me at the moment, but it works. The names are alpha numeric just like hl1.

I tried that and it didn't work, when i reloaded the first level i had no weapons of any kind.

I might try it again though, just to make sure

get the gun you want in the later level, then make sure you load a level where you have guns (a.k.a. after you get the suit). It won't let you have guns without the suit.

Yeah, still doesn't work, tried it with many levels. If you load a level with map XXX then you just get any weapons you would normaly have at that point (mostly) not anything extra you had before

It works, trust me, I just did it again to confirm:

Start up the game. After it loads, just open the console and type in "changelevel d3_citadel_03"

Wait for the scene to end.

Type in "impulse 101" and get all weapons, you should now have the uber grav gun.

Type in "changelevel d1_trainstation_02" or d1_trainstation_01, but I know for a fact it works with trainstation_02. If you don't have any weapons, retype in "impulse 101".

Behold the power of the gravity gun as you abuse the punk Combine who attempts to make you pick up the can.

My bad on the using map to change...sorry about that.

Blue Jack said:
It works, trust me, I just did it again to confirm:

Start up the game. After it loads, just open the console and type in "changelevel d3_citadel_03"

Wait for the scene to end.

Type in "impulse 101" and get all weapons, you should now have the uber grav gun.

Type in "changelevel d1_trainstation_02" or d1_trainstation_01, but I know for a fact it works with trainstation_02. If you don't have any weapons, retype in "impulse 101".

Behold the power of the gravity gun as you abuse the punk Combine who attempts to make you pick up the can.

My bad on the using map to change...sorry about that.

that works! thanks for that...also make sure you remember the sv_cheats 1, i forgot it 1st time :eek:

Becareful with that gun! I hear if you try to launch certain object early in the game it will crash. Also if you zap npcs that are pertinate to the story line, bad things will happen.

I didn't play that long with it, and it didn't crash for me, knock on wood....

And yeah, the sv_cheats 1... forgot about that. I have that in my autoexec.cfg so I don't have to type it.

Cool Blue Jack i will try that i a few minutes :) (i've been using "map" to change levels, maybe thats why it don't work)

I modded the normal g.gun to pick up more (throwing cars is fun) but if you pick up the jeap in the coast levels it crashes

Yes, it works!!! Woooo. Sooo, much fun. Can even drag (and kill) civilians!

:D Unlimited bodies fly out of the civilians and vortigaunts. It's like you're killing them the normal way, sucking a body toward you, yet the person is still there, drawing another body. Basically, you can stack a heap of clones around your target. Heh...

I rather like to pretend I'm some sort of deity robbing their souls. Or maybe an exorcist.

I noticed that, happens with nearly all civillians (except the main few characters). Lots of fun.
Can even do it with some of the alien space craft and "Dog"

Don't spoil the this forum/thread before I get to play the game. :p
I won't see it 'til xmas at the earliest.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back